- This event has passed.
Online Workshop for Beginners
October 10, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$75
Do you enjoy writing? Interested in learning a new hobby while in quarantine due to the pandemic? Ever had the desire to learn calligraphy, yet you aren’t sure if you have the right “skills?”
If you answered ‘yes’ to either of the questions above, then this online workshop is for you. Join me on Saturday, October 10th for the next CC Workshop!
This 2-hour online workshop is for beginners who desire to learn the basics and fundamentals of copperplate calligraphy or for those who have had some exposure to calligraphy and would like to brush up on their skills. Full details are listed below.
What You’ll Get:
- 2 hours of instruction
- students will learn the basics of copperplate calligraphy
- Q&A Session (optional)
- Recommended list of supplies
- Guide sheets
- Resource guide
What To Expect:
- This will be a live online workshop and we will meet via Zoom. The link will be emailed to you prior to the workshop date.
- The session will be recorded and available for replay for one week following the live workshop.
- Workshop Format: 2 hours of instructional time plus Q&A time (optional)
- Upon registering, you will receive a recommended list of supplies and guide sheets/handouts (Please purchase supplies and have them available in time for class as well as handouts printed for easy reference).
Please note that all sales are final and non-refundable. See FAQs below.
My handwriting is bad, do I have to have “good” handwriting to learn calligraphy?
The short answer is no. Honestly, I don’t have the best handwriting either. But now, as a self-taught calligrapher, I have learned that stellar handwriting is not a requirement 😉
What if I register and can no longer attend the workshop?
As noted, all sales are final and non-refundable. Your seat may be transferred to someone else, as long as Captivating Calligraphy is notified (via email) by October 2nd.
What supplies will I need?
Upon registering, you will receive an email containing a list of recommended supplies and a few options of where you can purchase them from. The only other thing that you’ll need for this workshop besides supplies is a teachable spirit and a ready to learn attitude!